Quite simply, the biophilia hypothesis tells us that humans have an inherent need to connect with nature. Some go as far as to say it's written in our DNA!
To combat urbanisation and the affect of technology on our sense of connection, biophilic design creates more opportunities to connect with nature. This helps us in lots of ways. Of course, it is beautiful. But biophilia is about more than aesthetics. A biophilic home can boost your physical and emotional well-being, leading to calm, creative, productive spaces.
Our designs embrace biophilic design elements and include:
Seamless connections between indoor and outdoor spaces
- Spaces for connection and sanctuary
- Indoor planting and natural features
- Use of natural materials, patterns and textures
- Maximised air quality and flow
- Cohesive external landscaping
- Green walls and roofs